Skip to Main Content
This paper describes the 120-kv oil-filled cable system of the Montreal Light, Heat, and Power Consolidated, installed stalled during 1941 and in present operation as a link in a large interconnection scheme. The paper describes the functions of the various sections of the system and the reasons for the choice of this method of effecting the interconnection. The steps required in designing the cable system are outlined and the general principles governing each such step discussed. A short section deals with manufacture followed by a section covering the organization required for installation and the methods followed. The final section deals with operating practice, especially the basis of loading.