Skip to Main Content
Computer developments in Germany before and during World War II were nearly unknown until 1949. In 1950 the model Zuse Z4, the only one that could be rescued from Berlin, was leased by Eduard Stiefel for the Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule at Zurich. This was the beginning of a friendly cooperation. Some stories of this pioneer time are reported.