By Topic

Meta Model Driven Framework for the Integration and Extension of Application Components

Sign In

Cookies must be enabled to login.After enabling cookies , please use refresh or reload or ctrl+f5 on the browser for the login options.

Formats Non-Member Member
$31 $13
Learn how you can qualify for the best price for this item!
Become an IEEE Member or Subscribe to
IEEE Xplore for exclusive pricing!
close button

puzzle piece

IEEE membership options for an individual and IEEE Xplore subscriptions for an organization offer the most affordable access to essential journal articles, conference papers, standards, eBooks, and eLearning courses.

Learn more about:

IEEE membership

IEEE Xplore subscriptions

3 Author(s)
Talevski, A. ; La Trobe University ; Chang, E. ; Dillon, Tharam S.

Generally software is seen as something that is purchased off-the-shelf. However, this perception is incorrect, as off-the-shelf software represents only 15 percent of all software development. The remaining 85 percent represents specialized software developed for large organizations to help them meet their unique requirements. The competitive nature of such organizations typically results in rapidly evolving software requirements. Component-based software engineering techniques lend themselves favorably to the development of reconfigurable software. However, component integration and reconfiguration complexity issues make component-oriented programs difficult to maintain, expand and widely reuse. In this paper we propose a distributed Meta model driven framework that eases software customization and redirects this task away from the software developer to the software user. Through the use of an application generator tool we realize the concept of ‘model once, generate anywhere’.

Published in:

Object-Oriented Real-Time Dependable Systems, 2003. WORDS 2003 Fall. The Ninth IEEE International Workshop on

Date of Conference:

01-03 Oct. 2003