Cart (Loading....) | Create Account
Close category search window
 

ANNIDS: intrusion detection system based on artificial neural network

Sign In

Cookies must be enabled to login.After enabling cookies , please use refresh or reload or ctrl+f5 on the browser for the login options.

Formats Non-Member Member
$31 $13
Learn how you can qualify for the best price for this item!
Become an IEEE Member or Subscribe to
IEEE Xplore for exclusive pricing!
close button

puzzle piece

IEEE membership options for an individual and IEEE Xplore subscriptions for an organization offer the most affordable access to essential journal articles, conference papers, standards, eBooks, and eLearning courses.

Learn more about:

IEEE membership

IEEE Xplore subscriptions

3 Author(s)
Yan-Heng Liu ; Coll. of Comput. Sci. & Technol., Jilin Univ., China ; Da-Xin Tian ; Ai-min Wang

This paper describes a network intrusion detection system based on artificial neural network (ANNIDS). The advantage of neural network ensures that ANNIDS does not need expert knowledge and it can find unknown or novel intrusions. The key part of ANNIDS is an adaptive resonance theory neural network (ART). ANNIDS can be trained in real-time and in an unsupervised way. A weight hamming distance method is used in detection, which is simple and correct in finding anomalous behavior. A well-trained ANNIDS can monitor the network in real time. The experimental results show that ANNIDS performs best when vigilance parameter is 0.4 to 0.5 and intrusion threshold is 0.4. The false positive error is about 8%, the negative error is about 2%, and the total error is lower 10%.

Published in:

Machine Learning and Cybernetics, 2003 International Conference on  (Volume:3 )

Date of Conference:

2-5 Nov. 2003

Need Help?


IEEE Advancing Technology for Humanity About IEEE Xplore | Contact | Help | Terms of Use | Nondiscrimination Policy | Site Map | Privacy & Opting Out of Cookies

A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest professional association for the advancement of technology.
© Copyright 2014 IEEE - All rights reserved. Use of this web site signifies your agreement to the terms and conditions.